Dedicated to one planet living, LEG strives to have local impact. Our aim is to encourage the development the desire to take action on the environment locally. To help local communities and people to realise this.
LEG currently has three members of staff:
The Board of Directors:
Lochaber Environmental Group is managed by a Board of Directors, all of whom are volunteers. The governing document allows for between 5 and 12 Directors to be on the Board at any one time.
The 2011-12 Board of Directors are:
- Bill Barber
- Benny MacDonald (Treasurer)
- Christine Clephan
- Colin Linthwaite (Company Secretary)
- Scott McCombie
- Steve Pimborough (Chair)
Brian Murphy and Bren Gormley - Local Councillors.
Susan Carstairs - ex LEG Chair.
Andy Hume - Highland Council Waste Management.
Scott Bellwood - Lochaber HC Waste Management .
Dot Ferguson - Lochaber Highland Council Wards Manager.
LEG'S registered objects are:
- To preserve, conserve and restore the environment of Lochaber for the benefit of the public.
- To advance the education of the public in the study of the environment and of waste management.
- The advancement of education, promotion of welfare and improvement of the conditions of those excluded from mainstream society in Lochaber through poverty, disability, race, unemployment or isolated location.
- The advancement of education through the provision of training and employment opportunities for such people primarily but not exclusively within the recycling and wider environmental sectors .
LEG is a registered Charity: Charity No SCO29091
Company Registration No: 251043